Fillers can be used to subtly reverse the signs of aging. Our goal at LaserRN is to have others notice you are “refreshed” “happy” “relaxed” but no one should notice you have had fillers done. Our goal is a natural look with restored volume and filled in lines, our little secret!
We offer multiple fillers at Laser RN:
Juvederm® Ultra XC, Juvederm Vobella XC, Juvederm® Ultra PLUS XC, Juvederm Vollure XC and Juvederm® Voluma XC. All Juvederm® products are a Hyaluronic acid gel with a small amount of lidocaine as a local anesthetic to reduce the discomfort associated with injections into the skin.
What can dermal fillers do for me?
Dermal fillers help to soften facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face.
As we age, our faces lose the youthful fullness of the cheeks and mid face. The gradual loss of collagen causes wrinkles and shadows adding to the look of an aging face. This is further enhanced by other factors that affect the facial skin including sun exposure, heredity, and lifestyle.
Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Add volume to cheeks
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
Juvederm® Ultra XC
- This silky thin filler is indicated to soften fine lines, wrinkles and scars, especially around the nose and mouth.
- Typically will last up to 6 months.
Juvederm Volbella XC
- Volbella is specific for the lip area.
- It has a more natural lip appearance.
- Typically lasts up to 6 months.
Juvederm® Ultra PLUS XC
- This larger particle filler is indicated to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, especially around the nose and mouth.
- Preferred product for lip lines and lip volume.
- Typically will last about 6 months.
Juvederm Vollure XC:
- Great for nasal labia folds, under eye hollows and lips.
- Lasts typically 6-9 months.
- Most clients require 2 syringes for adequate correction.
Juvederm® Voluma XC
- This filler is indicated for deep injections in the cheek and mid-face to add volume.
- Helps to lift jowls and add a youthful curve to the face.
- This product typically lasts up to a year.
What to expect during a filler procedure:
- What would you like to see improved and where? We will discuss realistic options and expectations
- Pictures will be taken before and after the procedure.
- We will use ice and a topical anesthetic to prepare the skin for injection. Ice also can reduce bruising.
- The skin is cleaned with alcohol.
- After the first injection, the area becomes less tender due to the local anesthetic.
- The fillers are “molded” into the skin to get just the right placement.
- The fillers give an instant improvement. Your results will be immediately visible today before you leave the office.
- A topical antibiotic cream, polysporin, is applied after the procedure is complete.
After Care Instructions:
- Fillers need to “set”. Avoid touching or manipulation in the treated areas to avoid misplacement of the product.
- Keep the area clean to prevent infection.
- Stay away from heat and sun for about 5 days to avoid inflammation of the setting product.
- Avoid NSAIDS (advil, motrin, ibuprofen, naprasyn) for 3-5 days to reduce bruising.
- No smoking.
- It is common to have bruising after the procedure as facial tissue is very vascular, especially the lip area. Swelling is pretty minimal, but some client’s skin reacts more than others.
- Arnica Montana can reduce bruising and inflammation, we recommend following the instructions on the bottle since dosing and strength can vary. Use this product as needed for 5-7 days or until bruising is resolved.
- Some swelling is common, but most of the swelling is resolved in the first 24-48 hours, but could last up to 5 days.
- Redness at the site that could last up to a week.
- Some lumpiness can occur at the injection site, both visible and to touch, most of the lumpiness should resolve on its own.
- Occasionally pimples can occur at the injection site. Do not pick.
- One side of face may heal faster than the other.
Touch ups can be done, but you need to wait for at least 2 weeks to allow for the product to set and temporary inflammation and bruising to resolve. Additional product may be added at that time for an additional fee.